What beats a fall scented candle spreading apple and cinnamon throughout your cozy home? Warm Mulled Apple Cider sizzling in a crockpot just waiting to be ladled into a mug, that’s what! Last weekend was one of our first cooooold weekends and I think they are here to stay. My littles got hot chocolate with marshmallows and I indulged in this Mulled Apple Cider for Two. I say indulged because I’m actually the only person who drank it…almost 4 cups to be exact and they were delicious. Maybe next time I’ll double the batch and drink 8? Or maybe I’ll have a partner in crime to think about sharing with.Ingredients:
- 4 cups apple cider (Curtis Orchard Apple Cider is my all-time favorite and what I used)
- 2 cuties (peeled and pulled apart into pieces)
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- 1 TSP lemon juice
- 1/2 TSP cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP vanilla
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Oliver Apple Pie Wine (optional)
- Dump all the ingredients except the wine into a small crockpot and give it a stir. My small crockpot only has 2 settings so I just turned it to warm. I personally don’t think the level of heat you use matters that much when it comes to this recipe.
- Let the cider warm for at least 4 hours.
- If spiking with wine, pour wine into a coffee cup, a little less than a 1/4 of the way full (or more if you are feeling feisty).
- Ladle the cider into a coffee cup and make sure to include a few cutie slices and a cinnamon stick.
Curl up with a blanket on the couch, watch a Hallmark movie, and sip on your cup of holiday cheer! I’m curious if any of you have ever made your own cider before??? For some reason I’m pretty picky with mine and don’t usually like the jugs from the grocery store. I’m thinking about trying to make my own for the times that I have a craving and don’t want to drive all the way out to Curtis Orchard -if anyone has any tips I’m all ears!