“When are you ever going to use those again?” -said my husband. Every darn time that I want to make a cute dessert that requires little to no effort of course. Does not matter what it is, I usually want to prove Ben wrong…no matter how crazy my rationale might be. In this case, I think I’m pretty sane. Godiva Chocolate Caramel Pudding Mix was staring at me in the grocery store the other day and the idea for these parfaits was born. The word “caramel” was in the title so I thought “hey, that can be Thanksgiving related” but really, you can make these at any point in the year. Ingredients:
- 1 package Godiva Chocolate Caramel Pudding Mix
- 1 small package French Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 4 cups whole milk
- Ducan Hines Decadent Salted Caramel Brownie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Heath English Toffee Bits
- Follow the chocolate caramel pudding mix directions and then spoon a layer in the bottom of your jar. Put your jars in the fridge.
- Follow the brownie mix directions.
- While your brownies are baking in the oven, follow the vanilla pudding mix directions. Put the bowl of vanilla pudding in the fridge to set.
- Once brownies are finished baking, allow them to cool completely. Cut out a row or two and crumble the row up into little brownie pieces. Sprinkle brownie pieces as second layer in jar.
- Spoon French vanilla pudding into jar as third layer.
- Sprinkle the top with heath bits.
That is it!
If you don’t have small jars, a trifle bowl or even just a nice glass bowl will work for a large batch. If you do a large batch you’ll need to increase the amount of pudding mix and milk that you use. Using two small packets I was able to fill 7 of these small jars up. As with any parfait, you really can make these your own as the options for what to use for layers are endless. I felt like the chocolate caramel pudding almost gave these a coffee taste. If you aren’t a huge fan of coffee then I would just use regular chocolate pudding. If you are a coffee lover like me then you are golden. If you try these out, snap a picture and tag #sprinkledsunshinesweets -I’d love to see what you create!