Rise and shine darlings, it’s time for a Hearty Breakfast that is 1) easy to make, 2) guilt free, 3) filling, and 4) adorable! The ingredients are simple and you can build these up or down to your liking. I used the following:
- 7 Eggs (probably would have used a few more, but this is all we had left…time to go to the grocery store!)
- 3-4 Tablespoons of Skim Milk (I’ve made these without milk before too.)
- Veggies! We used Grape Tomatoes, Red Onion, & Red Pepper. (Red & Pink for Valentine’s Day.)
- Seasonings for some flava flave! I used Salt, Pepper, a sprinkle of Garlic Powder and Onion Powder today. I typically will use Ground Red Pepper too, but not so much with the boys. Ground Red Pepper is one of my best friends = I get carried away for those that don’t like the heat!
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease your muffin tin (I got this Wilton one for $3 off VarageSale -yes!)
- Throw your veggies in the tin.
- Mix your eggs & milk together in a bowl.
- Pour egg/milk mixture over your veggies.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Throw those hearts in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Tip: Prep the night before. This makes for a much smoother morning, especially on a weekday. I only chopped the veggies ahead of time, but really you could have the whole mix ready to go and pop it in the oven first thing. Orrrr, maybe you already have these stocked up from weekend prep and you don’t even have to bake them on a weekday morning!
What’s that I hear?? Yes, heart shaped fruit too! Oh my goodness, I need these in my life everyday – instant burst of happiness in the AM. However, the amount of time it took me to sketch and carve out these hearts was ridiculous….like 2 minutes! All you need is a mini, heart-shaped cookie cutter to do all of the work for you. I got one from Michael’s for a $1. Seriously – aren’t these too cute?!
Now go make some breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin